Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dave got selected!!!

So this is actually Dave writing, I am just too lazy to sign out and sign back in under my name. As many of you know we have been anxiously waiting to hear if I would get selected for the Air Force. We found out last Friday that I had in fact been selected.

I was not selected for my first choice of pilot, but luckily I added a second choice at the last second and was selected as a navigator. I had not really done much research on being a navigator since I really wanted to be a pilot but the more research I do the more excited I get. It will be a great career, and an amazing adventure for our family. I am so lucky to have a great wife that supports me in this as I know it will not be easy, especially the first couple of years.

I am scheduled to get my flight physical on Dec. 17. Once that gets approved then I will be assigned a class date and can proceed to training. I am hoping to be able to get into training by March or April, but that all depends on how quickly the physical gets approved. The best thing I have going for me is that I am considered age critical so I automatically get pushed to the front of the line for everything.

My first training stop will be OTS for 13 weeks in Alabama by myself. After that we will be going to Pensacola, FL for approximately a year for navigator training. We are all really excited and anxious to get going on this.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Ohhh how very exciting!

Now, what more do you want for Christmas? I need to buy you your gift!